has mediated disputes involving the following issues:
• Dispute regarding the terms of a lease to be negotiated between the executors of a landlord and the business tenants of land within the deceased’s estate, arising out of allegations of understandings and agreements reached between the deceased and the tenant.
• A TOLATA dispute in respect of a substantial commercial property in north London following disagreement between the investors as to the future development of the building and realisation of the investment.
• Dilapidations dispute between private landlord and national retail chain tenant.
• Cross claims regarding validity of section 25 notice
and damages for nuisance and breach of covenant for quiet enjoyment regarding a site used for the operation of a civil engineering business.
• Claim by residential owners against adjacent site developers and engineers and consultants following serious subsidence.
• Claims between business tenants and against institutional landlord in respect of damage caused between floors in a commercial property by serious water ingress.
• Dispute as to the interpretation of a break clause and the consequent validity of a break notice under a commercial lease.
• Dispute in respect of letting agent insurance products.
• Claim by a commercial tenant against a landlord for failure to carry out works and for consequential losses in delaying the opening of a hotel and restaurant.
• Claim by neighbour against residential developer for consequential property damage.
• Dispute between local authority and developer in respect of entitlement to overage payments following the sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold interests in a 285-acre development site.
• Claims between former partners and related third-party investors under the Trustees of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
to business tenancy.
and creation of business tenancies.
construction contract disputes.
tenancies within agricultural holdings.
solicitors’ and valuers’ negligence claims.
and creation of new agricultural holdings.
covenants between architects.
between agricultural tenants and trustees
to farm buildings and equipment and associated insurance
• Boundary disputes and rights of way.
Stuart has experience of litigating
and advising on a number
of property-related disputes.