has mediated disputes involving the following issues:
• Dispute as to the validity of a joint venture agreement between the committee of a timeshare club and a hotel regarding the funding and operation of shared leisure facilities.
• Claim by charity trustees against solicitors for negligent conveyancing of commercial leases in failing to advise as to the area to be leased, and various onerous clauses in the lease.
• Claim by cancer charity for replacement of ground-bearing slab laid over dessicated London Clay ground following heave and damage to bio-medical manufacturing facility
• Commercial contracts between
charities and suppliers.
Fraud on charities by
Remuneration of key individuals
in educational charities.
Termination of chief executive
by charitable trust representing regional councils in
liaison with business community.
Commercial contracts and
severance between charitable trust representing further
education providers and some of the member providers.
Recent examples include:
• Claim for accountancy fees and related commercial contractual claims and counterclaims for rental and forfeiture costs involving a football club community trust, and a claim for defamation.
• Substantial claim against global household name for promised sponsorship in respect of diversity awards programmes.