has mediated disputes involving the following issues:
• Claims by trustee in bankruptcy.
• Claims alleging sham trusts.
• Claims against insolvency practitioners for dishonesty.
personal guarantees of insolvent
Claims by Liquidators, Administrators, Administrative
by LPA Receivers.
against directors for breach of duty/delinquency/misfeasance.
in respect of transactions at an undervalue.
in respect of preferences.
in respect of transactions defrauding creditors.
claims between creditors.
of office-holders’ remuneration and expenses.
of ratification and shareholder approval.
in the construction, property development, building
products and public houses sectors.
charges and mortgages.
and registration of charges and debentures.
• Claims for false accounting.
• Claims for repayment of unlawful dividends.
• Disputes involving asset realisation, including shareholdings and disputes with other shareholders.
Stuart has experience of litigating
and advising on a number
of insolvency-related disputes,
including the following:
of shares held as security.
proceedings against petrol distributor in respect
petrol filling stations.
duties of Administrators.
and pursuing claims by office-holders.