has mediated the following disputes involving allegations
Dispute between former friends about the transfer of properties and other partnership dealings alleged to have been facilitated by fraudulent misrepresentations.
• Claim by finance company against secondary credit broker and car dealer following multiple fraudulent credit applications.
• Claim against majority shareholders for fraud in withholding information during the negotiation of a settlement of minority shareholder’s share purchase.
• Claim for fraudulent misrepresentation by former minority shareholder against acquiring majority shareholder following immediate on-sale of the company at a substantial uplift in price.
• Claim by employer and shareholder against sales director and shareholder for fraudulent expenses claims.
• Financial warranty claims against vendors of regulated medical waste management company, including claims of fictitious invoices.
• Claim by an elderly widow and her daughter against her son
for fraudulent breaches of duty to the rest of the family beneficiaries in the management of the family estate.
• Claim of forgery of signatures on stock transfer forms in shareholder dispute between family members of incapacitated shareholder.
• Claim following successful interim injunction application against a former senior executive for bribery in the asset management
of aircraft engines and engine parts.
• Claim by university against former IT director and associates
for various procurement frauds.
• Conspiracy claims arising out of share sale agreement in respect of a silage film business, following settlement of injunctive relief application.
• Counter-allegation of fraud against senior finance officer
in employment dispute.
Allegation against former director of fraudulent diversion
of contracts and company funds to competitor business.
Allegations of secret profits and breaches of fiduciary
Stuart has experience of litigating
and advising on a number
of fraud cases, including the
The Maxwell prosecution by the SFO (acting for the bank).
Fraud investigation and report following discovery of
in the balance sheet of contracting
subsidiary of listed company.
Successful claim against fraudulent supplier of engineering
parts, including “lifting the corporate veil”.
Defending claim for fraud against former director of
grocery business by members’ group.
Defending relative of alleged fraudster in international
Investigation of alleged frauds in the public funding
for adult education.
Representing parties in three separate DTI investigations.
Defending former director of listed company in DTI and
insider dealing proceedings.