has mediated disputes involving the following issues:
Claims and cross-claims regarding territorial rights and termination in respect of an agreement for the distribution of engineering technology in the energy industry.
• Claim for overpayment for industrial gas turbine parts and counterclaim for under-ordering against minimum volumes under a three-year supply agreement.
• Claim by Operator against Defaulting Participant for unpaid costs under a Joint Operating Agreement pursuant to a PED Licence, counterclaim for Wilful Misconduct and challenging the forfeiture provisions in the JOA.
• Claims and counterclaims in respect of a joint venture agreement relating to the supply of systems to the offshore wind energy industry.
• Renegotiation of long-term supply maintenance and operation contract profit-shares between owner/investor and provider/operator of onshore wind farm.
• Claims by Danish pension fund investors against Spanish contractor and guarantor for non- and late completion of four solar EPC projects, including claims for liquidated damages, direct construction costs and for reduced tariffs and ROCs.
airport and energy broker over existence of energy supply
between energy companies relating to the calibration
of electricity meters.
• Dispute regarding performance and termination of a carbon-trading and property-insulation agreement.
terms of the electricity industry Balancing and Settlement
Code and BSC Framework Agreement and Procedures.
terms of the Beta Trading System (British Electricity
Trading and Transmission Arrangements)
Stuart has experience of litigating
and advising on a number
of energy-related disputes,
including the following:
arbitration of dispute over construction of liquid gas
on various commercial and regulatory issues in the recycled
between coal supplier and electricity generator regarding
between freight train operator and coal supplier over
relating to investments in biofuels.
suppliers of industrial power components.
on energy-broker disputes.
dispute between petrol supplier and retailer.